Sunday, January 3, 2010

Thing 11

Well I made it!!! I really enjoyed this class, although I must admit that I came close to throwing my computer at someone or something. I do not feel I did everything exactly as planned, but I finished. I had a few bumps in the road with the site, and I became a bit frustrated. But here I am, a new year, and much wiser of my knowledge and understanding of web 2.0. I now have to implement these new items right away, because we all know we lose it if we do not use it! That said, I know the Google Docs and slideshare will become something I familiarize myself further. I hope I become more organized and utilize the Delicious account to help me. I believe my colleagues will benefit from this information and we can collaborate and share what we know and what we are learning. My first blog I was very concerned with the safety issue with so much connection to the outside world, I believe I feel better about it because I realize I can utilize these sites, but put in parameters.The challenge is to put this into action, and watch our students shine and amaze us in a whole new way. I hope that I can shine and show that this old dog has few new tricks, and this fat(ish) lady has in no way begun to sing. With those old cliques I will leave my blog now, but I do hope we continue this going and discover many more "things" together.

1 comment:

  1. I compare the Things to a buffet... the 1st time through you try a little bit of everything. The 2nd time through you go back for what you liked best and forget about the rest! You can't possibly use everything you've learned about Web 2.0 (there just aren't enough hours in the day), but you can put your favorites to good use and still remain in your "comfort zone."

    ReplyDelete