Sunday, January 3, 2010

Thing 9
I created a slideshare from the book Milkweed by Jerry Spinelli. We will be examining this time period in class and I would like the students to read a book depecting the war and what happened. I found that adding the music was hard-I had to eventually do the old fashioned way-insert into my powerpoint-because I could not upload onto slideshare. I broke down after 2 hours of trying So I see the benefit of this, a great way to tell a story, but I will have to become more efficient at to teach it. Although, I am sure many of my students could teach me. I also found it daunting to look at the genocide and I would have to create a file that they could choose from. So how varied would the slide shows become, or would they all have similar looks. I see this as a group project, separating students into groups that would read the same book. There are many to choose from, so I guess it could be done. Like anything you add to your curriculum, you have to test it and see if it works. I know that I will add slideshares to my lectures, and figure a way for my students to utilize this tool. I could also use it for my 6th and 7th graders as a travel brochure for countries.

2 comments:

  1. These are all great ways to use SlideShare. I never new about SlideShare until this class. I can see myself using it often in my lessons and even have my students upload presentations to share. I know your Milkweed SlideShare would be awesome. I didn't try to add music to the presentation I uploaded...you'll have to show me what you've learned so far, and maybe together we can figure out the "music" part of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bad news about SlideShare is that you lose any animations and music or video files that were in the original PowerPoint. The good news is that your or your students' presentations can be published for parents, other students, or even the whole world to see.

    ReplyDelete