Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thing 7
Now this something I can use with the Internet. As a Social Studies teacher, I examine many site to utilize in my classroom. "My favorites" becomes a jumble of unorganized sites that I eventually forget about, or forget what they are there for. To be able to organize my areas of study, add them to a classroom wiki, and then have students access them to enhance the subject. This would work well for research projects and papers. The organizational tool would allow me to set up my curriculum and not spend so much time trying to find the "right" site to go to.
With research projects, students could set up an account and keep track of their research and references to enable them to go back to the information and also utilize it for their work sited page. I could go into their accounts and examine what they have (or do have), to complete their project. I can also examine their sources for plagiarism, or other paper defects. I find this site to be helpful and useful. This is especially true for those of us that need help in these areas!

No comments:

Post a Comment